Sunday, February 26, 2012

CND Shellac new colors- Spring 2012 (Part 1)

Finally I will be able to get my hands on the new Shellac colors! I'm super excited!
I received an email from my distributor that they have few of them in stock so I will be picking up the beauties... TODAY!
For now I will leave you with images courtesy of Beauty And the Blogger




Silver Chrome & Rubble
 
Silver Chrome



Rubble

From left to right:
Luxio (by Akzentz)
- Vixen
- Posh
- Flawless
Shellac (by CND)
- Silver Chrome
- Rubble

I will write more about Luxio another day, I promise! I would like to stick to Shellac in this post.
Silver Chrome. The formula reminds me of Shellac's Iced Cappucino. It's quite pearly so brush strokes can be visible but I did manage to apply it quite evenly (considering that I was applying it with my left hand). Thinner coats work better (as always). It is a bright, cool silver. I wish it was more metallic and less pearly though.
The formula is very pigmented  and a little thick so it covers well in 1 coat. I still recommend 2 thin coats
Rubble is a winner. I can already tell that I'm gonna get a lot of use out of this one in my salon. Rubble seems like a color that will look good on most skin tones. I found Asphalt little too cool.
The formula is quite thin (but not runny). The color applied very well, evenly and I didn't get any wrinkling.
Update 1/03/2012. I had a chance to use it on one of my clients today. Application- beautiful! Finish gorgeous! I just hope that the polish doesn't thicken up quickly and it doesn't become a "wrinkeler"
Update 17/08/2012. I love Rubble. No wrinkles- ever.

PS. You can read here a Part 2 of the Shellac Spring 2012 collection

2 comments:

  1. I've been REAL excited about "Silver Chrome"!! Can't wait to see how they turn out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Silver Chrome on my nail right now. Yes, a nail! All of my 10 nails are painted different colors! I will post pictures tonite!

      Delete